376 Ready to Wrap Kit
Epic 376 Ready to Wrap Fly Rod Kit
The very best componentry available, all designed to fit together seamlessly. No Reaming, No Drilling, No Sanding - all Epic.
Small creeks, small trout, big performance - the Epic 376.
Our 376 is a small, lightweight precision fly rod that boasts the same precise response, strength and quality that Epic rods are famous for.
Finished with a slim grip, classic cap and ring reel seat by Joel Lemke and fine cork insert, our 376 Ready to Wrap Fly Rod Kit is an instant classic.
Our Epic Ready to Wrap Rod Kit makes life easy - we’ve done much of the hard work for you. The kit contains all the components, glues, rod finish and instructions you’ll need to build your own unique custom Epic fly rod.
*Kit contents may vary according to options and model chosen
Each Kit contains:
- Epic 376 Blank in Mocha brown
- Classic slim grip and reel seat insert turned from premium quality A grade cork
- Timeless pocketed cap and ring reel seat hardware by Joel Leake USA
- Epic hand ferruled "Katana" translucent fiberglass rod tube
- Premium hand sewn rod sock
- Guide set (Snake brand Universal guides USA)
- Glue kit (preloaded syringes, grip & tip epoxy, brushes, mixing cups & full instructions)
- China-graph marking pencil
- Rod stands
- Comprehensive 42 page build book with step by step instructions
- Stickers / Decals
- *Japanese Silk threads. Each kit includes natural 212 silk (we include instructions on how to use this to make perfectly clear ghost wraps) and black thread for trims. These default threads can be substiuted for other stock colors on request.
Recommended line weight: AFTMA #3
Recommended line weight: AFTMA #3
Total length: 2,265mm
Optimal Grain Window: 94 - 106 Grains
Effective Line Range: AFTMA 3
Action: Progressive / Mid Flex / Medium slow
Taper: Medium slow
Blank Weight: 44g
Butt Diameter: 9.20mm
- Reviews (4)
- Questions (0)
First rod build
My first rod build. It definitely wont be the last. This kit made my first build so easy. The instructions were very easy to follow. The windings were easier than I had imagined with a bit of practice as the silk thread is so fine. I found the basic rod holder was great and with the use of my fly tying bobbin holder it was no problem keeping enough tension on the thread. Reading comments from rod building sites regarding turning the rod as the epoxy was curing were over the top. I had adapted my BBQ rottisery motor to do the job but it was not required. Provided you don't need to go out for a couple of hours just turning the rod pieces by hand every 10 - 15 minutes (more often for the first 1/2 hr or so) worked just fine. So don't be put off by some of the hype around this part of the process. Fitted with a reel I made a couple of years ago and loaded with a double taper line this rod will now be my go to dry fly rod. It roll casts beautifully. I also love the med/soft action and being fibreglass it is more forgiving when bow and arrow casting on our overgrown streams. The build took approx. 6 hours not including drying time for the epoxies. The next rod build time should be a lot quicker. Oh yes, the suggestion of sipping on a glass of whiskey while making this was a good one It worked a charm! The communications from Swift were always prompt and the delivery to rural Western Australia very quick.
This was purchased as a gift and the look on the birthday boys face was priceless. This kit is fantastic.
Smooth as butter
Ive spent quite a bit of time casting this rod now and I will say it is a super sweet three weight. The action reminds me of a beautiful bamboo rod but with one third the weight and a suppleness that begs to be taken out and fished. I can't wait to get it out on a stream this summer with a box of my favorite dry flies. I will also say that it roll casts just beautifully which I know will come in handy on the smaller streams.
- THE EPIC PROMISE -
We guarantee everything we make.
If one of our products fails to meet your expectations either at the time you receive it, or over the next 30 days, contact us and we'll arrange a total refund and return at our cost, anywhere in the world.
The Epic Lifetime Warranty.
Questions about this product? - Drop us a line
"This is my fifth Epic build. As before all the components are excellent, the finished rod is nicely balanced and rod casts a five weight line beautifully.
These rods fish well and are amazingly tough." - Daniel L
The components in our Epic Ready to Wrap Rod Kit have all been specifically designed to work together.
- Our comprehensive 40 page step by step fly rod build book
- Glue kit (preloaded syringes, epoxy - brushes - mixing cups)
- Fold out rod building stands - Kit box doubles as your workstation
- Highest quality stripping guides matched to each kit
- Flor grade quality Portuguese cork grip in your choice of style
- Japanese silk threads for wrapping and trims
- Genuine Snake Brand guides either e-coated or black nickel
- Bar stock Alloy reel seats that will last a lifetime
- Our hand ferruled "Katana" rod tube
- The most sophisticated fly rod blanks made
The secret to building a great fly rod.