Epic 476 Packlight Ready to Wrap Fly Rod Kit
The very best components available, all designed to fit together seamlessly. No Reaming, No Drilling, No Sanding - all Epic.
Our famous 476 reconfigured as an ultra packable backpacking fly rod. The Epic multi piece Packlight fly rod is designed to pack into your favourite spot. Designed fish in tight confined creeks but still with the backbone and pulling power of a much larger rod - the 5 piece 476 Packlight is the deal.
Building a great custom fly rod is no mean feat, selecting the correct matching components can be an intimidating exercise alone. Then there’s those wraps, the cork and glue...
Our Epic Ready to Wrap Rod Kit makes life easy - we’ve done much of the hard work for you. The kit contains all the components, glues, rod finish and instructions you’ll need to build your own unique custom Epic fly rod.
The components in our Epic Ready to Wrap Rod Kit have all been specifically designed to work together. Our premium grade cork grip features a tapered bore to fit your chosen blank. Each cork grip is ported to receive our Epic reel seat perfectly.
Each Kit contains:
- Epic 476 5 piece Packlight blank
- High quality fiberglass rod tube in satin black
- Premium hand sewn rod sock
- Classic "Cap and Ring" reel seat with fine cork spacer
- Guide set (Snake brand Universal guides USA)
- Glue kit (preloaded syringes, grip & tip epoxy, brushes, mixing cups & full instructions)
- China-graph marking pencil
- Rod stands
- Comprehensive 42 page build book with step by step instructions
- Stickers / Decals
- *Japanese Silk threads. Each kit includes natural 212 silk (we include instructions on how to use this to make perfectly clear ghost wraps) and black thread for trims. These default threads can be substituted for other stock colors on request. View Stock Thread Colours
Recommended line weight: AFTMA #4
Total length: 2,265mm
ERN: (Unwrapped): 3.96
Optimal Grain Window: 120 - 135 Grains
Effective Line Range: AFTMA 4 / 5
Action: Progressive / Mid Flex / Medium
Blank Weight: 47g
- Reviews (2)
- Questions (0)
A sweet little rod!
This rod packs a lot into a very small package. It has the smooth action you'd expect from an Epic rod and it has more grunt than you'd expect from such a little rod. Initially I was a little skeptical of this rods ability to fight big, strong fish, but my skepticism was misplaced. During one of my first trips with this rod, I caught three fish over 24" - the best one is in the photo attached. I can honestly say I never felt under-gunned. I spent the day throwing large (#6) cicada flies in a decent breeze and, while this wasn't what I bought the rod for, it handled it well. This little rod was perfect for the water I was fishing and breaks down so small it fits easily in a suitcase or bag. A great addition to the quiver!
Smooth as butter
This rod is by far my favorite 4wt I have ever casted. Paired with a Ross colorado LT, this is truly my dream setup. Building the kit was much less intimidating than I thought and the instructions were beyond clear. My first epic, but now I want a 686... Nobody else makes a backpacking rod that is this high quality!
- THE EPIC PROMISE -
We guarantee everything we make.
If one of our products fails to meet your expectations either at the time you receive it, or over the next 30 days, contact us and we'll arrange a total refund and return at our cost, anywhere in the world.
The Epic Lifetime Warranty.
Questions about this product? - Drop us a line
"This is my fifth Epic build. As before all the components are excellent, the finished rod is nicely balanced and rod casts a five weight line beautifully.
These rods fish well and are amazingly tough." - Daniel L
The components in our Epic Ready to Wrap Rod Kit have all been specifically designed to work together.
- Our comprehensive 40 page step by step fly rod build book
- Glue kit (preloaded syringes, epoxy - brushes - mixing cups)
- Fold out rod building stands - Kit box doubles as your workstation
- Highest quality stripping guides matched to each kit
- Flor grade quality Portuguese cork grip in your choice of style
- Japanese silk threads for wrapping and trims
- Genuine Snake Brand guides either e-coated or black nickel
- Bar stock Alloy reel seats that will last a lifetime
- Our hand ferruled "Katana" rod tube
- The most sophisticated fly rod blanks made
The secret to building a great fly rod.