476 Ready to Wrap Kit
Epic 476 Ready to Wrap Fly Rod Kit
The very best componentry available, all designed to fit together seamlessly. No Reaming, No Drilling, No Sanding - all Epic.
Looking for a shorter blank to fish in tight confined creeks but still want the backbone and pulling power of a much larger rod? - the 476 is the deal.
Building a great custom fly rod is no mean feat, selecting the correct matching components can be an intimidating exercise alone. Then there’s those wraps, the cork and glue...
Our Epic Ready to Wrap Rod Kit makes life easy - we’ve done much of the hard work for you. The kit contains all the components, glues, rod finish and instructions you’ll need to build your own unique custom Epic fly rod.
The components in our Epic Ready to Wrap Rod Kit have all been specifically designed to work together. Our premium grade cork grip features a tapered bore to fit your chosen blank. Each cork grip is ported to receive our Epic reel seat perfectly.
Each Kit contains:
- Epic 476 Blank
- Our world famous fiberglass rod tube
- Premium hand sewn rod sock
- Your choice of finest quality Portuguese cork grip *configurable
- Epic reel seat in either black or Titanium finish.
- Guide set (Snake brand Universal guides USA)
- Hard Chrome stripper guide, with colour matched Zirconium insert.
- Glue kit (preloaded syringes, grip & tip epoxy, brushes, mixing cups & full instructions)
- China-graph marking pencil
- Rod stands
- Comprehensive 42 page build book with step by step instructions
- Stickers / Decals
- *Japanese Silk threads. Each kit includes natural 212 silk (we include instructions on how to use this to make perfectly clear ghost wraps) and black thread for trims. These default threads can be substiuted for other stock colors on request. View Stock Thread Colours
Recommended line weight: AFTMA #4
Total length: 2,265mm
ERN: (Unwrapped): 3.96
Optimal Grain Window: 120 - 135 Grains
Effective Line Range: AFTMA 4 / 5
Action: Progressive / Mid Flex / Medium
Blank Weight: 47g
- THE EPIC PROMISE -
We guarantee everything we make.
If one of our products fails to meet your expectations either at the time you receive it, or over the next 30 days, contact us and we'll arrange a total refund and return at our cost, anywhere in the world.
In the extremely unlikely event that you don't love one of our fly rods, we'll not only refund 100% and ship back at our cost, but we'll also buy you a beer for your troubles.
Due to the international nature of our business, beer will most likely be provided by way of a crisp New Zealand $10 note from our owners wallet, sent to you personally.
(this has never actaully happend by the way - so who knows, we might just turn up personally)
All our Epic Studio Built Fly Rods also carry a lifetime warranty.
Questions about this product? - Drop us a line