690 C Carbon Fibre Ready to Wrap Kit
The Epic 690 C Advanced Carbon Fibre Ready to Wrap Rod Kit.
The very best componentry available, all designed to fit together seamlessly. No Reaming, No Drilling, No Sanding - All Epic.
Advanced, High Performance Freshwater Fly.
The Epic 690 C is an extremely versatile responsive blank designed for dry fly, streamer and nymph fishing for trout of all sizes.
Revised generation two nano-technology. Epic C series are a state of the art fly rod blank. The most sophisticated composite materials and production processes are used in their construction. Proprietary nano-resins, full Helical construction, multi modulus, and unidirectional carbon fibre - We believe this is the most sophisticated fly rod blank available.
Ground ferrule system
In addition to the industry leading technology used in each of our blanks, Epic carbon fibre fly rod blanks feature our proprietary ground ferrule system. Each male ferrule is hand ground to perfectly fit the female section of the blank. Female sections are all internally reinforced.
Benefits of our ground ferrule system:
- A secure positive fit eliminates knocks
- Smoother energy transfer
- Eliminates flat spots
- Non slip - reduces twisting due to torque
- Internally reinforced ferrules - eliminates ferrule fracture
- Durable & scratch resistant
- Gets better with use
- Precise fit, sections are interchangeable, in the case of tip breakages replacement sections can be sent out immediately. No need to return the blank for a fit.
The 690 C blank weighs an astoundingly light 39 grams (1.3oz) 10% lighter than our previous model and lighter than equivalent blanks by Scott or Sage.
Our use of Silica nano-resin makes for a very tough, lightweight and extremely responsive blank.
As good as it gets
Epic C (Carbon) series fly rod blanks are high performance fishing tools. The lockup point develops in the top third of the blank, and although recovery rates are fast, the Epic C series would best be described as Mid Flex (Orvis) or Medium fast (Sage). They are light without sacrificing strength (lighter than the equivalent Sage one).
Epic Ready to Wrap Fly Rod Kits
Building a great custom fly rod is no mean feat, selecting the correct matching components can be an intimidating exercise alone. Then there’s those wraps, the cork and glue.. Our Epic Ready to Wrap Rod Kit makes life easy - we’ve done much of the hard work for you. The kit contains all the components, glues, rod finish and instructions you’ll need to build your own unique custom Epic fly rod. The components in our Epic Ready to Wrap Rod Kit have all been specifically designed to work together. Our premium grade cork grip features a tapered bore to fit your chosen blank. Each cork grip is ported to receive our Epic reel seat perfectly.
*Kit contents may vary from those pictured according to options and model chosenEach Kit contains:
- An Epic Unidirectional Carbon fibre blank with Helical wound core
- Epic Katana hand ferruled translucent fibreglass fly rod tube
- Premium hand sewn rod sock
- Your choice of finest quality Portuguese cork grip *configurable
- *Optional cork fighting butt with matched trim ring
- Epic reel seat in either black or Titanium finish.
- Guide set (Snake brand Universal guides USA)
- Titanium stripper guide
- Glue kit (preloaded syringes, grip & tip epoxy, brushes, mixing cups & full instructions)
- China-graph marking pencil
- Rod stands
- Comprehensive 42 page build book with step by step instructions
- Stickers / Decals
*Japanese Silk threads. Each kit includes natural white silk and black thread for trims. These default threads can be substiuted for other stock colors on request. View Stock Thread Colours
Action: Medium Fast / Mid Flex
Resonant Frequency: 3.3 Hz
Lockup point: Top third
Material: 57msi Carbon Blend
Core: VeroCore Carbon Helix
Recommended line weight: AFTMA #6
Weight: 42g (1.48 oz)
Action Angle: 70 degrees
Optimal Grain Window: 150 - 170 Grains
- Reviews (7)
- Questions (0)
Great group of people, awesome rod kit, quality!
No your Dad's graphite rod.
The rod arrived with in a week of my order, all the components in the kit fit perfectly which allowed me to put it together in a day. I've only spent a couple hours fishing it but my first impression tells me that it'll be my go to streamer rod. The super light swing weight will keep me hitting the 1" margin on the bank all day. It will probably be great for big dries and nymphing but if you need delicate casts I would go with the 580 glass.
Another Epic experience
The 690 C build was just as straightforward as a recent DH13 build and the finished product again exceeds my expectations. Well done to the design and production team. Great kit set and a great fly rod.
Everything in the kit was high quality and the instructions were clear as. The blank is incredible light and I've never used a lighter rod. The action is really nice and the rod balances nice with my real. Get it, its great! Thanks Epic!
The Epic 690c is an absolute top rod. I have compared the rod with my Scott Radian # 6. The line is to cast like a laser pointer. With my radian the line goes a little bit to the left side. 75 feet without double haul isn't a problem. I changed the Epic reel seat against a reel seat from REC with wood spacer. Now the rod is about 0,1 oz lighter than the Radian. The decisive factor, however, is that the Radian requires a reel weight of about 4,9 oz. The Epic 690c requires only 4,2 oz to be balanced. This makes them extremely easy to handle. The quality of the rings and the cork are absolutely top. All in all, you take the rod in your hand and you feel good.
- THE EPIC PROMISE -
We guarantee everything we make.
If one of our products fails to meet your expectations either at the time you receive it, or over the next 30 days, contact us and we'll arrange a total refund and return at our cost, anywhere in the world.
The Epic Lifetime Warranty.
Questions about this product? - Drop us a line
"This is my fifth Epic build. As before all the components are excellent, the finished rod is nicely balanced and rod casts a five weight line beautifully.
These rods fish well and are amazingly tough." - Daniel L
The components in our Epic Ready to Wrap Rod Kit have all been specifically designed to work together.
- Our comprehensive 40 page step by step fly rod build book
- Glue kit (preloaded syringes, epoxy - brushes - mixing cups)
- Fold out rod building stands - Kit box doubles as your workstation
- Highest quality stripping guides matched to each kit
- Flor grade quality Portuguese cork grip in your choice of style
- Japanese silk threads for wrapping and trims
- Genuine Snake Brand guides either e-coated or black nickel
- Bar stock Alloy reel seats that will last a lifetime
- Our hand ferruled "Katana" rod tube
- The most sophisticated fly rod blanks made
The secret to building a great fly rod.