888 FastGlass Fly Rod
Meet the very lucky Epic 888
Our mighty 888 was designed specifically for chasing Bonefish but is just at home wrangling large freshwater species like Carp, Pike and monster Muskie too. Given there’s not a flat where the wind doesn’t blow we’ve given the 888 an extra powerful butt section, strong tip and fast recovery rate to help punch a line out into those skinny water breezes.
The easy casting soul and incredible strength of S2 FastGlass™
S2 FastGlass™ - not your papa’s fiberglass fly rod.
Epic™ blanks are made to exacting standards using a proprietary Unidirectional S2-glass composite. Unlike other fiberglass fly rods, this material features a fully unidirectional fibre layup which aligns fibres longitudinally along the blank where they are most needed. This recipe, rolled to our Epic tapers combine silky smooth loading with trophy pulling power that we call FastGlass™. The result is an incredibly strong, light and powerful tube with a crisp, precise response.
Hand crafted one at a time.
Each Epic fly rod is specifically hand made for you as it is ordered. Please allow two to three weeks for us to do an Epic job for you. We’ll be in touch with a build time and shipping details as soon as we receive your order.
Each Epic fly rod features:
- FastGlass™ fly rod blank with internally reenforced ferule system
- High quality fiberglass rod tube in satin black
- Premium hand sewn rod sock.
- cleaning cloth.
- Finest quality Portuguese cork grip.
- Full cork fighting butt with composite cork end (no cheap close cell foam)
- Epic reel seat in either black or Titanium finish.
- Guide set (Snake brand Universal guides USA)
- Premium quality Titanium stripper guides.
- Our signature Epic Ghost Wraps in premium Japanese silk with fine one turn pinstripe midway over each guide foot
Length: 8' 8"
Recommended grain window at 30ft: 202 - 218 GRAINS. 13 - 14 GRAMS
Recommended AFFTA line weight: #8
Length: 8' 8"
Action: Progressive / Fast
Butt Diameter: 12.26mm
Tip Diameter: 2.12mm
Rod Weight: 150 grams
- Reviews (8)
- Questions (0)
I took the 888 Fastglass to Christmas Island. It performed great for bonefish and a trigger or two. Delicate presentation, but had the backbone to fight the bones and smaller triggers. Craftsmanship is excellent. Only thing I'd change is that the reel seat is a bit longer than it seems is required, but perhaps some people use reels with a longer foot-plate, not sure. Anyway, it's only a minor thing. The rod performed great and is a beautiful work of craftsmanship.
MY NEW FAVOURITE ROD!!!
This rod has magic powers!!!!!!!!
888 FastGlass Fly Rod review
Fantastic service. Build quality of the rod is stunning. Performs exactly as expected. Everything about the package was world class, second to none. Definitely the best fibreglass fly rod that I've ever handled. Looking forward to bending it double.
This rod is super awesome! This rod can send the line to where you want the flies goes with relax, smooth, full of soul fly cast!! The best fiberglass rod i ever had!!!
Glass is back
This rod is the first glass rod I've fished in lots of years and it was a big surprise. The first time out with it we were on tailing redfish and it was a blast. Loads really well for quick casts in tight, but has plenty of reserve power to dig deep and turn over big flies at a distance. The S2 glass comes alive once the fish is on and the fun really starts then. Impressed.
- THE EPIC PROMISE -
We guarantee everything we make.
If one of our products fails to meet your expectations either at the time you receive it, or over the next 30 days, contact us and we'll arrange a total refund and return at our cost, anywhere in the world.
The Epic Lifetime Warranty.
Questions about this product? - Drop us a line
- Titanium stripping guides with Japanese Silicon Carbide insert
- Flor grade quality Portuguese cork grip in your choice of style
- Japanese silk wraps
- Genuine Snake Brand Guides either e-coated or black nickel
- CNC Bar stock Alloy reel seats that will last a lifetime
- Our hand ferruled "Katana" rod tube
- The most sophisticated fly rod blanks made
- A secure positive fit eliminates knocks
- Smoother energy transfer
- Eliminates flat spots
- Non slip - reduces twisting due to torque
- Internally reinforced ferrules - eliminates ferrule fracture
- Durable & scratch resistant
- Gets better with use
- Precise fit, sections are interchangeable, in the case of tip breakages replacement sections can be sent out immediately. No need to return the blank for a fit.
and the very finest cork sourced directly from Portugal to ensure quality.
If one of our products fails to meet your expectations either at the time you receive it, or over the next 30 days, contact us and tell us why you are disappointed and we'll fix it or arrange a total refund.