Bandit FastGlass Fly Rod
Trouble, meet El Bandito.
A specialist tactical fly rod, the Bandit makes short work of large species in confined situations. The perfect choice for Kayak anglers, mangroves, Musky, big Bass and monster Pike.
The Bandit has achieved cult status amongst anglers wanting to wrangle out big fish in tough situations.
*Hand crafted one at a time.
Each Epic fly rod is specifically hand made as it is ordered. Please allow two to three weeks for us to do an Epic job for you. We’ll be in touch with a build time and shipping details as soon as we receive your order.
Each Epic Bandit fly rod features:
- FastGlass™ fly rod blank with internally reenforced ferule system. Finished in metallic gold green.
- High quality fiberglass rod tube in satin black
- Premium hand sewn rod sock.
- cleaning cloth.
- Finest quality Portuguese cork grip.
- Full cork fighting butt with composite cork end (no cheap close cell foam)
- Epic reel seat in either black or Titanium finish.
- Guide set (Snake brand Universal guides USA)
- Two premium quality Titanium stripper guides with Japanese SiC Inserts.
- Our signature Epic Ghost Wraps in premium Japanese silk with fine one turn pinstripe midway over each guide foot.
Length: 7' 9"
Recommended line weight: AFTMA #10
Effective Line Range: AFTMA 8 / 9 / 10
Action: Progressive / Mid Flex / Medium Fast
AA: (Action Angle): 65°
Blank Weight: 82gm - 2.9oz
"It’s this feature of the Bandit that blew my mind when I began testing it: It will happily cast any line from a 6wt DT to a 12wt Rio OBS, with the sweet spot between 8wt and 10wt. Since it can load itself during casts with light lines, a 6wt line put over it seems to feel somewhat like casting a (heavy) 6wt CF rod. At the other end of the spectrum, the 12wt did bog it down somewhat, but the reserve of power in the big butt section will pull it through without complaint. I liken it to a big V8 diesel engine with low end torque that’s a pleasure to draw into."
Read the complete review here
- Reviews (6)
- Questions (0)
I'm Gumby Dammit!
Ridiculous flexibility and understated strength all in a sweet little green package. On its way to Alaska soon to take on the wily chinook. Love it!
Please add to my earlier review the name of Jeanie who is a real credit to the company. Such a helpful person.
The attitude and service is exemplary; when my rod arrived from in the UK from NZ, there was a problem with the reel seat. The EPIC people took care of everything and it was not long before a new rod was shipped to me with all costs being taken care of in full. It is a beautiful rod and will see action from my boat on the Thames in pursuit of big river Pike. Seems perfect for the job!!! I would have no hesitation in recommending my friends to order an Epic rod. Apart from the obvious quality, these service levels aren't common these days.
A very cool fly rod, extremely strong and tough and yet incredibly smooth to cast and feels just about indestructible.
Like a Cut Snake
It will happily cast any line from a 6wt DT to a 12wt Rio OBS, with the sweet spot between 8wt and 10wt. Since it can load itself during casts with light lines, a 6wt line put over it seems to feel somewhat like casting a (heavy) 6wt CF rod. At the other end of the spectrum, the 12wt did bog it down somewhat, but the reserve of power in the big butt section will pull it through without complaint. I liken it to a big V8 diesel engine with low end torque that�۪s a pleasure to draw into.
- THE EPIC PROMISE -
We guarantee everything we make.
If one of our products fails to meet your expectations either at the time you receive it, or over the next 30 days, contact us and we'll arrange a total refund and return at our cost, anywhere in the world.
The Epic Lifetime Warranty.
Questions about this product? - Drop us a line
- Titanium stripping guides with Japanese Silicon Carbide insert
- Flor grade quality Portuguese cork grip in your choice of style
- Japanese silk wraps
- Genuine Snake Brand Guides either e-coated or black nickel
- CNC Bar stock Alloy reel seats that will last a lifetime
- Our hand ferruled "Katana" rod tube
- The most sophisticated fly rod blanks made
- A secure positive fit eliminates knocks
- Smoother energy transfer
- Eliminates flat spots
- Non slip - reduces twisting due to torque
- Internally reinforced ferrules - eliminates ferrule fracture
- Durable & scratch resistant
- Gets better with use
- Precise fit, sections are interchangeable, in the case of tip breakages replacement sections can be sent out immediately. No need to return the blank for a fit.
and the very finest cork sourced directly from Portugal to ensure quality.
If one of our products fails to meet your expectations either at the time you receive it, or over the next 30 days, contact us and tell us why you are disappointed and we'll fix it or arrange a total refund.