Bandit Ready to Wrap Kit
The Epic Ready to Wrap Rod Kit.
The very best components available, all designed to fit together seamlessly. No Reaming, No Drilling, No Sanding - All Epic.
Trouble, meet El Bandito!A specialist tactical blank, the Bandit makes short work of large species in confined situations. The perfect choice for Kayak anglers, mangroves, Musky, Carp and monster Pike.
"I liken it to a big V8 diesel engine with low end torque that’s a pleasure to draw into."
~Excerpt from customer review
Finished in metallic gold green.
Our Ready to Wrap rod Kits:
Building a great custom fly rod is no mean feat, selecting the correct matching components can be an intimidating exercise alone. Then there’s those wraps, the cork and glue..
Our Epic Ready to Wrap Rod Kit makes life easy - we’ve done much of the hard work for you. The kit contains all the components, glues, rod finish and instructions you’ll need to build your own unique custom Epic fly rod.
The components in our Epic Ready to Wrap Rod Kit have all been specifically designed to work together. Our premium grade cork grip features a tapered bore to fit your chosen blank. Each cork grip is ported to receive our Epic reel seat perfectly.
*Kit contents may vary from those pictured according to options and model chosen
Each Kit contains:
- Epic Bandit Blank - Finished in metallic gold green.
- High quality fiberglass rod tube in satin black
- Premium hand sewn rod sock.
- Finest quality Portuguese cork grip, our wickedly good Full Wells / Ritz design.
- Fighting butt
- Epic reel seat in either black or Titanium finish.
- Guide set (Snake brand Universal guides USA)
- 2 x hard chrome stripper guides.
- Glue kit (preloaded syringes, grip & tip epoxy, brushes, mixing cups & full instructions)
- China-graph marking pencil.
- Rod stands.
- Comprehensive 42 page build book with step by step instructions.
- Stickers / Decals.
- *Japanese Silk threads. Each kit includes natural 212 silk (we include instructions on how to use this to make perfectly clear ghost wraps) and black thread for trims. These default threads can be substiuted for other stock colors on request. View Stock Thread Colours
Length: 7' 9"
Recommended line weight: AFTMA #10
Effective Line Range: AFTMA 8 / 9 / 10
Action: Progressive / Mid Flex / Medium Fast
AA: (Action Angle): 65°
Blank Weight: 82gm - 2.9oz
Read the complete review here
- Reviews (5)
- Questions (0)
This is a self contained do it yourself masterpiece. Even if you have absolutely no experience building rods you can accomplish this build. Great instructions, great components and great service if there is a question. Highly recommended.
Great kit. Everything fit together perfect. No customization needed. Can't wait to use it.
Bandit Ready to Wrap Kit
Bandit Ready to Wrap Fly Rod Kit
One happy chap.
I have been looking at the Bandit for a long time now and i made the plunge. I use fibreglass rods for trout and really love the action. Being from a generation that started fishing with fibreglass as a kid i am well pleased how glas has evolved.I own a fishing lodge in Ireland, and i am very often on the water guiding and chasing Irish fighting pikes. The built was very easy and even more pleasurable than i taught it would be.The kit has everything and the step by step is very easy to follow thanks to the nice booklet. I have already got a good few fish on it, so i can say that it handles without any worries and we cast big flies! T-bones, articulated...ect.. I fish the Bandit on various pike lines ( rio outbound sort,rio pike,guideline pike series sink 3....) And it performs beautifully.When using smaller flies ( 3 to 5 inch) it just catapults them to oblivion. Hookset is crucial for pike, their big boney jaws makes it hard work. And so far it feels solid when setting the hooks. We often fish on pontoons and float tubes, the short length of the rod is perfect for this approach. In conclusion i'm just in love with this rod, i can't wait to try it in saltwater now. Here is a quick little video casting a 8 inch t-bone:https://vimeo.com/167195688 Norbert Renaud.
- THE EPIC PROMISE -
We guarantee everything we make.
If one of our products fails to meet your expectations either at the time you receive it, or over the next 30 days, contact us and we'll arrange a total refund and return at our cost, anywhere in the world.
The Epic Lifetime Warranty.
Questions about this product? - Drop us a line
"This is my fifth Epic build. As before all the components are excellent, the finished rod is nicely balanced and rod casts a five weight line beautifully.
These rods fish well and are amazingly tough." - Daniel L
The components in our Epic Ready to Wrap Rod Kit have all been specifically designed to work together.
- Our comprehensive 40 page step by step fly rod build book
- Glue kit (preloaded syringes, epoxy - brushes - mixing cups)
- Fold out rod building stands - Kit box doubles as your workstation
- Highest quality stripping guides matched to each kit
- Flor grade quality Portuguese cork grip in your choice of style
- Japanese silk threads for wrapping and trims
- Genuine Snake Brand guides either e-coated or black nickel
- Bar stock Alloy reel seats that will last a lifetime
- Our hand ferruled "Katana" rod tube
- The most sophisticated fly rod blanks made
The secret to building a great fly rod.