480 FastGlass Fly Rod
Classic Glass FeelFull flexing, super smooth with plenty of reserve power. At 8ft for a four weight, the 480 is as smooth as silk. Fuller flexing than the 476, the 480 is a softer, slower and more delicate fly rod and a great dry fly presentation tool.
Recommended line weight: AFTMA #4
Studio Built. Handcrafted one at a time.
Choose the options you'd like on your Epic fly rod and we'll build it for you with tender loving care right here in our Wanaka Studio. Each Studio built fly rod is handcrafted specifically for you from start to finish and each is identified by a unique laser engraved winding check registered against your name in our owners database.
We’ll be in touch with build time and shipping details as soon as we receive your order.
Built Epic Tough
Epic glass rods are incredibly tough. Our S2 FastGlass has a far higher strength-to-weight ratio than Carbon fibre (graphite) rods. Epic FastGlass rods can endure more acute and severe bends than the equivalent Carbon fibre, tip sections are stronger and far less susceptible to breakages due to high-sticking and problematic rod angles when pulling against load.
Each Epic 480 Fly Rod Features:
- FastGlass™ fly rod blank with internally reenforced ferule system
- High quality fiberglass rod tube in satin black
- Premium hand sewn rod sock.
- cleaning cloth.
- Finest quality Portuguese Flor grade cork grip (Classic Western Shape)
- Epic reel seat in either black or Titanium finish.
- Guide set (Snake brand Universal guides USA)
- Premium quality stripper guides.
- Our signature Epic Ghost Wraps in premium Japanese silk with fine one turn pinstripe midway over each guide foot.
Recommended line weight: AFTMA #4
Total length: 2,438mm
ERN: (Unwrapped): 3.66
Optimal Grain Window: 120 - 135 Grains
Effective Line Range: AFTMA 4 / 5
Action: Progressive / Full Flex / Slow
Taper: medium slow
Blank Weight: 40g
- Reviews (3)
- Questions (0)
great addition to the kit
Rod has great action, full flex and much more sensitive than graphite, just a lot of fun. Best reel seat design I've seen on a rod. Craftsmanship is impeccable. Bought another rod already, thanks
440 fastglass … smooth
Line loading is really smooth, which makes the whole casting experience really intuitive. And casting distance is great too. Since i am one of those fisherman who is there for the journey (meaning i don’t catch much), oftentimes i feel like i go fishing to enjoy the casting. My wife asks “Did you catch anything? No, but I had a lot of really great casts."
pure nude soul
I ordered this Rod because I saw some reviews and custom built rods in the wide web. The first cast was surprising as the rod (not only the tipsection) is really soft and it bends down into the grip with the first cast. When I changed the line from a standard WF4-F to the Phoenix DT-5-F silkline the perfect combo was found. The developed force with the DT-5 is more than amazing... I didnt cast any other rod since I got the 480 this autumn. With this rod I cast more accurate and delicate than ever. The perfect Lightsaber in nude :) btw. The best quality cork Ive ever seen on a rod.
- THE EPIC PROMISE -
We guarantee everything we make.
If one of our products fails to meet your expectations either at the time you receive it, or over the next 30 days, contact us and we'll arrange a total refund and return at our cost, anywhere in the world.
The Epic Lifetime Warranty.
Questions about this product? - Drop us a line
- Titanium stripping guides with Japanese Silicon Carbide insert
- Flor grade quality Portuguese cork grip in your choice of style
- Japanese silk wraps
- Genuine Snake Brand Guides either e-coated or black nickel
- CNC Bar stock Alloy reel seats that will last a lifetime
- Our hand ferruled "Katana" rod tube
- The most sophisticated fly rod blanks made
- A secure positive fit eliminates knocks
- Smoother energy transfer
- Eliminates flat spots
- Non slip - reduces twisting due to torque
- Internally reinforced ferrules - eliminates ferrule fracture
- Durable & scratch resistant
- Gets better with use
- Precise fit, sections are interchangeable, in the case of tip breakages replacement sections can be sent out immediately. No need to return the blank for a fit.
and the very finest cork sourced directly from Portugal to ensure quality.
If one of our products fails to meet your expectations either at the time you receive it, or over the next 30 days, contact us and tell us why you are disappointed and we'll fix it or arrange a total refund.