990 FastGlass Fly Rod
The Renowned Epic 990
At 9ft long and rated for AFTMA 9 our 4 piece Epic 990 is an absolute powerhouse.
Produced using our Epic FastGlass™ the 990 is designed to make short work of monster bones, inshore pelagics, Salmon, Steelhead, Redfish and Snook.
The easy casting soul and incredible strength of S2 FastGlass™
S2 FastGlass™ - not your papa’s fiberglass fly rod.
Epic™ blanks are made to exacting standards using a proprietary Unidirectional S2-glass composite. Unlike other fiberglass fly rods, this material features a fully unidirectional fibre layup which aligns fibres longitudinally along the blank where they are most needed. This recipe, rolled to our Epic tapers combine silky smooth loading with trophy pulling power that we call FastGlass™.The result is an incredibly strong, light and powerful tube with a crisp, precise response.
Built Epic Tough
Epic glass rods are incredibly tough. Our S2 FastGlass has a far higher strength-to-weight ratio than Carbon fibre (graphite) rods. Epic FastGlass rods can endure more acute and severe bends than the equivalent Carbon fibre, tip sections are stronger and far less susceptible to breakages due to high-sticking and problematic rod angles when pulling against load.
Flyrods with Soul
There’s no other way to describe it. Glass has a warm “alive” tactile feeling, by comparison carbon fibre feels quite “metallic” cold and dead. Epic fly rods are just plain fun to cast, they will definitely put a smile on your dial - we guarantee it.
*Hand crafted one at a time.
Each Epic fly rod is specifically hand made as it is ordered. Please allow two to three weeks for us to do an Epic job for you. We’ll be in touch with a build time and shipping details as soon as we receive your order.
Rod Weight: 158gm - 5.50z approx.
Each Epic fly rod features:
- FastGlass™ fly rod blank with internally reenforced ferule system
- High quality fiberglass rod tube in satin black
- Premium hand sewn rod sock.
- cleaning cloth.
- Finest quality Portuguese cork grip.
- Full cork fighting butt with composite cork end (no cheap close cell foam)
- Epic reel seat in either black or Titanium finish.
- Guide set (Snake brand Universal guides USA)
- Premium quality Titanium stripper guides.
- Our signature Epic Ghost Wraps in premium Japanese silk with fine one turn pinstripe midway over each guide foot.
Tip Diameter: 2.18mm
Recommended line weight: AFTMA #9
Total length: 2,743mm
Effective Line Range: AFTMA 8 / 9
Action: Progressive / Mid Flex / Medium Fast
AA: (Action Angle): 65°
Rod Weight: 158gm - 5.50z approx.
- Reviews (2)
- Questions (0)
Fishing rod very well finished, it loads easily, a good compromise in the action of the rod for me.I hope to soon catch a pike with her
All went well
- THE EPIC PROMISE -
We guarantee everything we make.
If one of our products fails to meet your expectations either at the time you receive it, or over the next 30 days, contact us and we'll arrange a total refund and return at our cost, anywhere in the world.
The Epic Lifetime Warranty.
Questions about this product? - Drop us a line
- Titanium stripping guides with Japanese Silicon Carbide insert
- Flor grade quality Portuguese cork grip in your choice of style
- Japanese silk wraps
- Genuine Snake Brand Guides either e-coated or black nickel
- CNC Bar stock Alloy reel seats that will last a lifetime
- Our hand ferruled "Katana" rod tube
- The most sophisticated fly rod blanks made
- A secure positive fit eliminates knocks
- Smoother energy transfer
- Eliminates flat spots
- Non slip - reduces twisting due to torque
- Internally reinforced ferrules - eliminates ferrule fracture
- Durable & scratch resistant
- Gets better with use
- Precise fit, sections are interchangeable, in the case of tip breakages replacement sections can be sent out immediately. No need to return the blank for a fit.
and the very finest cork sourced directly from Portugal to ensure quality.
If one of our products fails to meet your expectations either at the time you receive it, or over the next 30 days, contact us and tell us why you are disappointed and we'll fix it or arrange a total refund.