990 Ready to Wrap Kit
The Epic Ready to Wrap Rod Kit.
The very best components available, all designed to fit together seamlessly. No Reaming, No Drilling, No Sanding - All Epic.
They all said it couldn't be done, a 9 foot glass rod in a 9 weight that does't weigh a ton - well, sit on this Potsie.
Our 4 piece Epic 990 is an absolute powerhouse designed to make short work of monster bones, inshore pelagics, Salmon, Steelhead, Redfish and Snook. Our S2 Unidirectional FastGlass makes the seemly impossible, possible.
So good, it's scary.
Our Ready to Wrap rod Kits:
Building a great custom fly rod is no mean feat, selecting the correct matching components can be an intimidating exercise alone. Then there’s those wraps, the cork and glue..
Our Epic Ready to Wrap Rod Kit makes life easy - we’ve done much of the hard work for you. The kit contains all the components, glues, rod finish and instructions you’ll need to build your own unique custom Epic fly rod.
The components in our Epic Ready to Wrap Rod Kit have all been specifically designed to work together. Our premium grade cork grip features a tapered bore to fit your chosen blank. Each cork grip is ported to receive our Epic reel seat perfectly.
Each Kit contains:
- Epic 990 Blank
- Epic Katana hand ferruled black fibreglass fly rod tube
- Premium hand sewn rod sock
- Finest quality Portuguese cork grip, our wickedly good Full Wells / Ritz design
- Fighting butt
- Epic reel seat in either black or Titanium finish
- Guide set (Snake brand Universal guides USA)
- 2 x Titanium Stripper guides
- Glue kit (preloaded syringes, grip & tip epoxy, brushes, mixing cups & full instructions)
- China-graph marking pencil
- Rod stands
- Comprehensive 42 page build book with step by step instructions
- Stickers / Decals
- *Japanese Silk threads. Each kit includes natural 212 silk (we include instructions on how to use this to make perfectly clear ghost wraps) and black thread for trims. These default threads can be substiuted for other stock colors on request. View Stock Thread Colours
- Available in any colour as long as it's So Blue.
*Kit contents may vary from those pictured according to options and model chosenRecommended line weight: AFTMA #9
Recommended line weight: AFTMA #9
Total length: 2,743mm
Effective Line Range: AFTMA 8 / 9
Action: Progressive / Mid Flex / Medium Fast
AA: (Action Angle): 65°
Blank Weight: 99gm - 3.49oz
- Reviews (1)
- Questions (0)
990 epic review
The instructions were clear and concise everything worked as stated I am very happy with the 990 after doing couple of bindings with the clear silk bindings I was not really happy with the clear I went back to my favourite colours black and silver on the blue blank which was much more to my liking . Everyone that has seen the rod has commented on how it looks and the finish of the bindings which were all positive with more than a few enquiries on building rods for them and to top it off I caught a nice chunky bass first cast with a fly I tied myself of which I sent carl a photo . cheers Noel
- THE EPIC PROMISE -
We guarantee everything we make.
If one of our products fails to meet your expectations either at the time you receive it, or over the next 30 days, contact us and we'll arrange a total refund and return at our cost, anywhere in the world.
The Epic Lifetime Warranty.
Questions about this product? - Drop us a line
NEW! Epic battery operated fly rod turner and drying motor
Makes drying and levelling epoxy wraps a breeze. Produced exclusively for us by our friends at C&F Design.
Battery operated. 3 x AAA batteries *not included
Tested to 72 hrs of continuous operation
Features interchangeable sockets to fit Epic blanks and reel seats
- Includes two rod stands