Trouble, meet El Bandito.
A specialist tactical fly rod, the Bandit makes short work of large species in confined situations. The perfect choice for Kayak anglers, mangroves, Musky, big Bass and monster Pike.
The Bandit has achieved cult status amongst anglers wanting to wrangle out big fish in tough situations.
*Hand crafted one at a time.
Each Epic fly rod is specifically hand made as it is ordered. Please allow two to three weeks for us to do an Epic job for you. We’ll be in touch with a build time and shipping details as soon as we receive your order.
Each Epic Bandit fly rod features:
Recommended line weight: #10
- FastGlass™ fly rod blank with internally reenforced ferule system. Finished in metallic gold green.
- Our world famous fiberglass rod tube.
- Premium hand sewn rod sock.
- cleaning cloth.
- Finest quality Portuguese cork grip.
- Full cork fighting butt with composite cork end (no cheap close cell foam)
- Epic reel seat in either black or Titanium finish.
- Guide set (Snake brand Universal guides USA)
- Two premium quality Titanium stripper guides with Japanese SiC Inserts.
- Our signature Epic Ghost Wraps in premium Japanese silk with fine one turn pinstripe midway over each guide foot.
Length: 7' 9"
"It’s this feature of the Bandit that blew my mind when I began testing it: It will happily cast any line from a 6wt DT to a 12wt Rio OBS, with the sweet spot between 8wt and 10wt. Since it can load itself during casts with light lines, a 6wt line put over it seems to feel somewhat like casting a (heavy) 6wt CF rod. At the other end of the spectrum, the 12wt did bog it down somewhat, but the reserve of power in the big butt section will pull it through without complaint. I liken it to a big V8 diesel engine with low end torque that’s a pleasure to draw into."
Read the complete review here
- THE EPIC PROMISE -
We guarantee everything we make.
If one of our products fails to meet your expectations either at the time you receive it, or over the next 30 days, contact us and we'll arrange a total refund and return at our cost, anywhere in the world.
In the extremely unlikely event that you don't love one of our fly rods, we'll not only refund 100% and ship back at our cost, but we'll also buy you a beer for your troubles.
Due to the international nature of our business, beer will most likely be provided by way of a crisp New Zealand $10 note from our owners wallet, sent to you personally.
(this has never actaully happend by the way - so who knows, we might just turn up personally)
All our Epic Studio Built Fly Rods also carry a lifetime warranty.