Epic 476 Ready to Wrap Fly Rod Kit
The very best componentry available, all designed to fit together seamlessly. No Reaming, No Drilling, No Sanding - all Epic.
Looking for a shorter blank to fish in tight confined creeks but still want the backbone and pulling power of a much larger rod? - the 476 is the deal.
Building a great custom fly rod is no mean feat, selecting the correct matching components can be an intimidating exercise alone. Then there’s those wraps, the cork and glue...
Our Epic Ready to Wrap Rod Kit makes life easy - we’ve done much of the hard work for you. The kit contains all the components, glues, rod finish and instructions you’ll need to build your own unique custom Epic fly rod.
The components in our Epic Ready to Wrap Rod Kit have all been specifically designed to work together. Our premium grade cork grip features a tapered bore to fit your chosen blank. Each cork grip is ported to receive our Epic reel seat perfectly.
*Kit contents may vary according to options and model chosen
Each Kit contains:
- Epic 476 Blank
- Epic Katana hand ferruled translucent fibreglass fly rod tube
- Premium hand sewn rod sock
- Your choice of finest quality Portuguese cork grip *configurable
- Epic reel seat in either black or Titanium finish.
- Guide set (Snake brand Universal guides USA)
- Glue kit (preloaded syringes, grip & tip epoxy, brushes, mixing cups & full instructions)
- China-graph marking pencil
- Rod stands
- Comprehensive 42 page build book with step by step instructions
- Stickers / Decals
- *Japanese Silk threads. Each kit includes natural 212 silk (we include instructions on how to use this to make perfectly clear ghost wraps) and black thread for trims. These default threads can be substiuted for other stock colors on request. View Stock Thread Colours
Recommended line weight: AFTMA #4
Total length: 2,265mm
ERN: (Unwrapped): 3.96
Optimal Grain Window: 120 - 135 Grains
Effective Line Range: AFTMA 4 / 5
Action: Progressive / Mid Flex / Medium
Blank Weight: 47g
- Reviews (11)
- Questions (0)
My first glass rod.
I have ordered an Epic 476 kit earlier this year as a birthday gift for myself. Turned out that the wait has been longer than told as the Nude blank was out of stock and the restock was delayed. Anyway it is worth the long wait! My first impression is that the blank is really light, responsive and FAST! If I close my eyes I wouldn’t know whether I am holding a glass or graphite blank. The stated weight of the 476 blank is 47g and I measured that it is 42g with my digital scale. Good Good. I just finished the build and can’t wait to fish it. It is my first proper build and the Epic kit is such a great idea to let you learn to build a fly rod. The components are great, the instruction is clear and easy to follow. I like the idea of using the cardboard box as wrapping stand as well. I can see myself buying less factory rods and building more rods myself in the near future.
My first fly rod build
First, I receiceved the rod kit from New Zealand to Michigan in 2 days. So my experience started out great! I found the instructions intuitive and the entire process was far less intimidating than I originally expected. The finished product turned out great! The 476 is a super fun rod to cast. I find myself taking it out in the yard almost daily just to throw a few loops and get excited for when I actually get it on the water. This is my first fiberglass rod and won't be my last!
Bought ready to wrap kit. Kit was great easy to understand instructions made the task easy. I had such a good time building this rod. The built rod i love it. Low overall weight makes it a delight to use on long days on water. I found this rod extremly accurate to cast. I love this ROD.
Looking foward test it on the river...
I'm almost finishing my 476 Amber and I have to say this is a real pleasure to deal with this fascinating translucent blank. The quality of component of the Wrap kit are excellent: snake guides, cork grip, wrap silk, everything is perfect ! I customized the grip and and used one of my reel seat. I also try the famous Epic clear wrap with the dark inlay inside, it's promising but epoxy application will be the moment of truth ; let's cross fingers ! This is my 6th rot that I built and I never have had as much pleasure in the rod building experience, Thank you Swift Team !
Definitetly Fast with Feel
Just went out to test my Epic 476 Mocha after finishing the build. And I have to say it's really a great rod and product. The rod delivers accurate and feels really crisp. To be honest I just fell in love with how it cast's and feels The building kitt speaks for it's self. It has all the component's necassary and a detailed guide for building and an overall good quility of the components.
- THE EPIC PROMISE -
We guarantee everything we make.
If one of our products fails to meet your expectations either at the time you receive it, or over the next 30 days, contact us and we'll arrange a total refund and return at our cost, anywhere in the world.
The Epic Lifetime Warranty.
Questions about this product? - Drop us a line
"This is my fifth Epic build. As before all the components are excellent, the finished rod is nicely balanced and rod casts a five weight line beautifully.
These rods fish well and are amazingly tough." - Daniel L
The components in our Epic Ready to Wrap Rod Kit have all been specifically designed to work together.
- Our comprehensive 40 page step by step fly rod build book
- Glue kit (preloaded syringes, epoxy - brushes - mixing cups)
- Fold out rod building stands - Kit box doubles as your workstation
- Highest quality stripping guides matched to each kit
- Flor grade quality Portuguese cork grip in your choice of style
- Japanese silk threads for wrapping and trims
- Genuine Snake Brand guides either e-coated or black nickel
- Bar stock Alloy reel seats that will last a lifetime
- Our hand ferruled "Katana" rod tube
- The most sophisticated fly rod blanks made
The secret to building a great fly rod.