Special Edition Two Handed Spey Rods
Something Special for Steel.
At Swift we know good things take time - it took us two full years to develop our new two handed fly rods.
With help from April Vokey and a swag of notable spey casters from Canada to the Pacific North West & even Australia - we believe we've nailed it.
You've been waiting patently and quietly prodding us along well, thank you.
To celebrate we've created these magnificent special edition matte black two handers with subtle accents of silver, giving a 'tip O the hat' to the silvery quarry they were designed to chase.
Attention to Detail and Workmanship.
Using only the finest materials and components the new Epic two handed rods are handcrafted in our small studio workshop one at a time with painstaking attention to detail.
Keeping with our ethos of "build best quality" each grip is turned from premium quality flor grade cork. Guides are by Snake brand USA in black nickel, the dual stripping guides are dark titanium with super hard Japanese SiC insert.
Built upon a multi-modulus unidirectional carbon fibre blank and employing a scrim-less helical wound core the Epic two handers are extremely light, crisp and remarkably tough.
Based off feedback from our prototypes it was clear that the convenience of a 6 piece configuration was definitely desirable. So that's what we've done! The 7/8 model is available in either a standard 4 piece or a 6 pice config' that fits easily onto luggage along side a standard single hand tube. The 6/7 model is available in 6 pice only. The 5/6 is standard 4 piece only.
Truth to the material.
Epic fly rods incorporate the classic designers concept of “Truth to the Material” which holds that any material should be used where it is most appropriate and its nature should not be hidden. With this ethos in mind each Epic fly rod uses components that we believe are the very best. Each flyrod is handcrafted one at a time in our small studio workshop - no detail is overlooked.
- Presented in a stealthy, hard wearing matte blank finish with high gloss "wet look" wraps .
- Each wrap is exquisite, the presentation topped off with silver accenting trims to complement the reel seat.
- Each rod is identified with a our special laser engraved winding check.
- All our fly rods feature alignment dots for quick easy assembly.
- Fly rod designation & model is hand painted on to each fly rod.
- Each Epic fly rod comes with the inscription of your choice, hand painted by our master craftsmen.
- Each two hander comes in a special edition matte black rod tube with silver hardware and black rod sock
- 7-8 model available in 4 piece or 6 piece travel configuration
- 5-6 model available in 4 piece only
Action: Progressive. Medium fast
Length: 13ft all models
Weight: 200g - 206g depending on model (7oz to 7.2oz)
Fore grip length: 325mm (12.7 inches)
Rear grip length: 125mm (4.9 inches)
- THE EPIC PROMISE -
We guarantee everything we make.
If one of our products fails to meet your expectations either at the time you receive it, or over the next 30 days, contact us and we'll arrange a total refund and return at our cost, anywhere in the world.
The Epic Lifetime Warranty.
Questions about this product? - Drop us a line